The brief for this project was to remove the entire front gable wall of the house, extend it by a metre then rebuild it without it being noticeable. We were also asked to construct a front entrance area and a dormer window above. The walls on both floors were removed to create larger areas in the front hall and to form an open study on the first floor. Although this was a relatively small extension, it gave the customer the space they required in a home they loved. Equally important was the fact that they liked where they lived and wanted to avoid the hassles and costs associated with moving.
- Removal and rebuild of exterior wall
- Extension of the front of the house
- Creation of an entrance area with a dormer window above
- Removal of the first floors walls
- Creation of a study space